QPID finds more information, faster
- Search and display 3.4 +/- 1.1 seconds
- Pooled PPV 0.86 +/-0.02
- Pooled NPV 0.91 +/- 0.01
QPID queries show high level of accuracy
“Our study demonstrates that a large set of predefined, automated EHR queries using the QPID platform can be executed rapidly, and these queries demonstrate a high level of accuracy for identification of information deemed salient to ED physicians.”
The QPID solution is easy to deploy and integrates with popular EHRs such as Epic System’s EpicCare™ as well as HIEs and legacy data repositories. Because QPID does not require complex database mapping, it is simple to establish a data connection with QPID. You can choose to deploy QPID in a cloud-based or self-hosted configuration, and the web-based applications support mobile and desktop devices.
At the heart of the QPID solution is an expandable, curated library of thousands of Clinical Concepts. QPID delivers a faster and more complete patient story than simple keyword search or strict medical ontology-based systems.
- Ability to integrate with virtually any source repository including popular EHRs such as EpicCare™
- No database mapping required
Indexes Data for Rapid NLP Search
- Applies learning algorithms and leverages proprietary clinical ontologies to generate high-quality search results
- Searches both structured and unstructured data
- Able to associate related medical concepts to yield comprehensive search results (e.g., history of renal disease, creatinine, evidence of bladder outlet obstruction in a patient presenting with acute renal failure)
- Flexible architecture: cloud-based or self-hosted
- Browser-based applications and support for mobile and desktop devices
- Web services-based architecture for integration with scheduling systems and other workflow applications (e.g., searching rosters of patients the week prior to a scheduled MRI to conduct safety check)
Easy to Use Apps
- No-click user interface – mouse over snippets to see details from fully mined, highlighted documents from the EHR
- Integrate directly into clinical and administrative workflows and with productivity tools
What is a Clinical Concept?
At the heart of the QPID solution is a curated library of thousands of Clinical Concept queries built using the knowledge of expert clinicians. The QPID library grows daily, and all queries are validated by clinical users before release. As changes in clinical practice occur, so does the library. For example, with the advent of a new class of anti-coagulants, drugs such as Eliquis (apixaban) are added to the “anti-coagulants” query.
Clinical Concepts retrieve “packages” of information from the record based on clinical associations. For example, when clinicians consider administering conscious sedation to a patient, they want to immediately know about any documented airway issues, significant cardiac conditions, narcotic tolerance, and other potential contraindications. QPID finds information pertaining to these associated concepts within a patient’s medical record, searching structured and unstructured data and using QPID’s knowledge of everyday medical terms and abbreviations.
Users have full access to the power of the QPID query system in all applications either for a single patient or a cohort of patients, and power users can develop their own Clinical Concept queries using Q-Editor.