QPID customers have achieved rapid “return on information” via:
- Improved clinical throughput (10-15%)
- Elimination of avoidable cancellations (improved utilization and patient satisfaction)
- Fewer medical errors (improving safety and lowering cost of claims, malpractice insurance)
- Reduction in labor costs of manual Payer-mandated prior authorization for procedures ($3-$10m annual savings)
- Avoidance of redundant diagnostic tests including expensive imaging studies
QPID helps reduce over-utilization of diagnostic imaging
The percentage of patients who undergo imaging as part of their diagnostic workup in the ED setting has grown dramatically over the past few decades. QPID helps reduce over-utilization by rapidly and automatically identifying previously completed diagnostic studies, a boon in the ED environment where complex patients need to be evaluated quickly.
Cost Savings & Revenue Generation
Accelerate the value of your EHR by activating clinical intelligence
If you are like QPID’s customers – and most hospitals and health systems today – you’ve made a huge investment in time, money and resources implementing an EHR. The data is finally there.
Now is the perfect time to implement QPID.
QPID lets you achieve a rapid “return on information” from the data your organization has worked so hard to consolidate in the EHR. With QPID you can achieve the next milestone: intelligent search of the EHR and rapid retrieval of actionable patient information for clinical decisions.
Lack of information access is a key contributor to the high costs of defensive medicine, redundant testing, and medical errors. When physicians don’t know about a prior test, they will order another. If they are not aware of an allergy to a certain anesthetic they may discover it late in the game, when the patient is already prepped for a procedure. EHRs may hold the data, but if it’s not delivered into the workflow, these are real and present dangers.
QPID sits on top of any EHR, HIE or data repository and generates “digests” of relevant information defined by clinical specialties and workflows. This context-sensitive information is delivered to the point of care to drive optimal resource utilization and care decisions. QPID also identifies cohorts for referral to palliative care or outpatient management, to lower costs and earn quality incentives.
QPID activates clinical intelligence from your EHR to:
- Increase clinical throughput and productivity by cutting the time required for chart review
- Reduce waste associated with duplicate tests, unnecessary procedures, and cancellations
- Promote patient safety by alerting clinicians to pertinent issues
- Support guidelines-based decisions, and reduce costly overhead of prior authorization
Join leading academic medical centers, specialty and community-based hospitals who are making QPID part of their quality, cost savings and revenue generation strategy.